Monday, February 13, 2006

Rantee Beach Top 10




February 3rd, 2006

Top 10 Things I Love about Rantee Beach – (an early apology for the cheesiness)

1) The beautiful beach
2) I can snorkel and still see my bungalow from the water
3) The seclusion ensures complete relaxation
4) You could hit the ocean with a shell from anywhere in the resort
5) Tune In Restaurant (which was built from Tsunami debris) owns the best swing in the entire world
6) Tune In lets you eat on the floor while the Welch waiter/ bartender puts on a fire show
7) Excellent conversations with my STs. I have such smart and interesting friends.
8) People from Wales and Australia
9) Sleeping with my window open and the ocean purring outside.
10) Learning that I really can do whatever I put my mind to doing and that my Dad was right when he said nothing is impossible.

The highlight of the day (although, honestly, every minute is a highlight at this point) was taking a hike from our side of the island over to the other side. Once you reach the top, you can see both sides of Tonsai (the main beach areas). So we heard anyway. We made a wrong turn and missed the view. We thoroughly enjoyed the hike, though. It was strenuous, very steep, and very freaking hot. As many of you know, I have some fairly serious balance issues that I developed during a lengthy hospital stay when I was eight, so steep hikes are tremendously challenging for me. I was really nervous about tackling the hike, but I refuse to let things like balance limit my experiences, so I marched on. Thankfully, my STs are very patient people and they didn’t mind going slowly. I love how friends take care of each other. My team is cool.

No comments: