Monday, February 13, 2006

Are showers really necessary?



nu=3245>79;>;6;>WSNRCG=3233529:98963nu0mrj.1.jpg">
February 2nd, 2006

I’m not sure I’ve ever spent this much time in the same area. I am happy to say that things were much better on the second day. I definitely chilled out and I moved to a new room that was closer to Meg and Kevin. They promised I could stay with them if I got really scared. Isn’t that cute? By the time I went to dinner on the first night, I was acclimated enough to agree to stay for the full four nights. By the second day, I was thoroughly enjoying all of it – except for the obvious bits. Once you do something once, you feel more comfortable. I seriously considered not showering for my entire stay, but I couldn’t make it past the afternoon of the second day. I showered in my STs room, though. The walls in the bathroom of my new bungalow only made it about half way up my chest and I wasn’t terribly excited about showering in front of the locals who were building more stellar accommodations on the hill behind my room.

Today’s Lesson – Even if you need a bucket of water to flush the toilet because it doesn’t really flush, you should not leave water in the bucket over night. Said bucket will become a swimming pool for an unwelcome roommate.

No comments: