Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Ain't Nuthin' Better than to be in Carolina....

This entry probably isn't going to wow anyone, but I wanted to let everyone know that I made it home safely and happily.


I am so happy to be home! Catching up with my Chapel Hill friends has been nothing short of spectacular, although since they've celebrated graduation for the last few months, this past weekend may not qualify as spectacular for them. For me, however, it was wonderful. Follies on Thursday entertained everyone for a few hours. Although, I was a complete jet lag loser and went to bed at 10:00. I heart my bed.

Friday night led to the "Everybody Loves Bacon" party, honoring DB and yours truly. The title comes from the bbq dinner and the last name of the honorary attendant. The party was wonderful, however, everyone was dragging a bit from the follies festivities.

Everyone's energy returned on Saturday with a little cooking expedition by me and my STs. SO good to see them! I made my first Tom Yum soup, ala Thai vacation. I'm still honing my spicing techniques. I could kill someone with the amount of chilis I put in Saturday's soup.

Here's my taxing schedule for the next few days (pre-Wrightsville vaca):

  • Find a place to live - half done since I am going to rent an apartment at this awesome complex in downtown Raleigh. Think 5th and Poplar, but not quite that nice.
  • Buy clothes for graduation and beach week - coming along bit by bit
  • Hire movers

How on earth will I survive? Kids, I highly recommend B school. It's a great gig if you can get it! Keeping it is the problem. Someone always wants their money back eventually.

No comments: