Saturday, April 08, 2006

This is not an acceptable Friday night....

April 8, 2006

Let's talk about yesterday. The day started out wonderfully with me getting a haircut and highlights. I also snuck in a mani and pedi, which took a bit longer than expected. I was running late for the end of term party with the exchange students from other programs (mostly undergrads). I rushed home and made it only slightly late. Lucky for me, I was seated next to a very cute boy. The day seems to be going well. I could use a few hours of flirting. Oh, if only I knew what the rest of the night held:

First sign that something is amiss – The cute boy is German, which violates my no Germans rule. I overlooked this, however, because he was quite cute and about 6’8” tall.

Second sign – He was supposed to go with his friends, but instead decided to follow me and my friends to LKF. His friends would meet up with him later. This shouldn’t be such a bad thing, and could even be a good thing if he didn’t keep staring at me like he was going to rip my clothes off.

Third sign – He constantly stands between my friends and me and completely monopolizes my attention. I couldn’t even move without this guys hands all over me. I was definitely flirting with him, but he was over the top. Why I didn’t walk away at this point, I don’t know.

Fourth sign – Dancing at Lux – again, he is completely over the top with his affection and I’m really feeling uncomfortable at this point. Flirting with a cute boy is one thing, but feeling like I’m in high school fighting off some 16 year old guy is entirely something else. At this point, I’m distancing myself, but he’s not making it easy. I am entirely too old for this.

Final sign – He asks me to go home with him. I immediately decline and tell him that I enjoyed meeting him and I hope he enjoys the rest of his exchange. He then flips out and says, “its not like I was asking you to have sex or something. If you want to, then we can, but we don’t have to.” At this point, I freak out and decide it is time to go home. Either with my friends or without.

Fortunately, two of my guy friends decided to leave with me. I spend a lot of time with guys here, so while the earlier situation was creepy, I wasn’t worried about my safety at all. But, the night doesn’t end there. If only I was that lucky!

Long story short, I ended up sleeping on the couch in the public kitchen on my hall.

Right now, I just want everyone to leave me alone!

No comments: