Thursday, April 06, 2006

Shanghai - Where is Clark Kent?

March 29, 2006

So, I’m back in China this weekend. Truth be told, I’m writing this a week later, but it’s been a busy week. Anyway, back to China. This time I’m in Shanghai. Shanghai is interesting. It looks a lot like Chicago in some ways, but then in other ways it looks like something out of a batman movie. I’m serious.


I traveled to Shanghai with one of my classmates. He’s a nice German boy, but not at all related to any Germans that might have previously appeared in this journal. We’ll call him the French German (FG).

Not much to tell on the first night other than we ended up at a German bar and listening to what might be the worst Asian cover band ever. What they lack in talent, they certainly make up for in enthusiasm. If only I had video taped their version of Love Shack! Here's a tidbit, although the quality is a bit crap.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-333303173190176039


Oh yeah, some woman basically sat in my lap. I'm not sure why, but I was very uncomfortable and I nearly had to knock her over with my knee to get her to move. Creepy.

No comments: