Friday, April 21, 2006

Four days to go and my stuff is falling apart

The first casualty of my possessions is my cell phone. I can't seem to figure out where it was made, but the country obviously sends their crap products to Australia. You might not think this is such a terrible issue since all of you guys are in other countries, but believe me, it is my lifeline to my friends here and it is also my freaking ALARM CLOCK. I had to ask a classmate to wake me up this morning. Mind you, she hasn't done it yet, so she might have ignored me, but having to ask someone wake you up as an adult is silly. I just can't justify a new alarm clock or cell phone for four days of use.

The second casualty is my lap top power cord. I have to fidget with the damn thing for at least two minutes everytime I plug it in and it is making a strange hissing noise. The hissing noise stops when I put my finger over its orgination point. You think that might be a fire hazzard? Well, I can get a free one at school, so there's not a chance that I am buying one here. Dear God, PLEASE let it keep working until Monday afternoon. That is all I ask.

The third and fourth casualties are my brown and black boots. Truth be told, they were meant to die a long time ago and I really extended their agony for several months longer than necessary. I couldn't have been happier to throw the worn out old tatters away, so this one isn't really a complaint.

The fourth casualty is my hair dryer. It still works, mind you. Unfortunately, it only works for a short time until the hair stuck inside of it (that it continuously pulls out of my head) starts to burn which overheats it. Seriously, do you think 4 months is a long product life? I could probably make one that would last for a good 6 months on my own. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating.

I almost forgot the worst tragedy of all - my SUNGLASSES! I took extremely good care of this pair of sunglasses so their explosion at a Temple in Kyoto is simply undeserved.

Well, my crumpled mess of broken products and tattered clothes will arrive on American soil on the 26th. Yippie!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like someone is planning on doing a bit of shopping...