Thursday, March 23, 2006

Transitions Stink

March 16th, 2006

I thought about taking a little creative license in talking about the transition challenges that I'm currently facing. However, I promised the good, the bad, and the ugly, so here goes...

So, the official break up is done. I thought we did this before I left, but I think we both kind of hoped that time would rewind while I was in Fiji. It didn’t. I’m going to spare you the details of the next few days because, quite honestly, I don’t want to relive them. I did enjoy a wonderful dinner with Meg and Kevin as they traveled back through HK, though.

The reason this transition is so tough is because (in no particular order)

1) I live in a dorm,
2) My two best friends in HK and two of my favorite people in the world just left me to return to school
3) My friends at school are having an excellent time while I am stuck here,
4) I can no longer hang out with the person that I shared a majority of my Hong Kong experiences with,
5) Because of my relationships with my ST’s and my GL, I don’t really know the other exchange students very well. I know them on a general level, but I’ve always had someone to hang out with, so they don’t necessarily think to invite me to things. I’m just going to invite myself.

The last one is really the biggest issue. Most of you know me well enough to know that alone time and I aren’t good bedmates. I like a little, but a lot of it makes me grumpy – which I do realize is ironic since I broke up with my GL over his grumpiness.

No comments: