Thursday, March 23, 2006

Good Morning, Vietnam!!!!


March 22nd


As it turns out, I’m actually quite popular with the expats in the area. Several of us went out for a while last night and I was being tossed around from one expat to another. If they were better dancers, I might have been a bit more flattered. As it was, my toes were crushed a few times and a shorter guy hit me in the head when he was trying to spin me. One guy seemed to be imitating Riverdance, but I don’t think he realized it. I felt like I was dancing with the Swedish Exchange students from last semester all over again!

I am going to Vietnam this weekend. I will be in Ho Chi Minh City this weekend. I’m not sure what I’m going to see, but I want to be able to say that I went to Vietnam, so I’m going. The rest of the exchange students are going to Cambodia, but I can’t miss my Thursday class, so I’m off on my own this weekend. Don’t worry though, I think Vietnam is pretty safe. I’m only really worried about thieves. I just don’t want them to get my passport so that I can’t get out of there! I’m a little concerned about the kids touching me too. My book says that they dare each other to touch whiteys. I can tell you already that I am not a fan of anything close to strangers coming in contact with my skin. Especially not if their goal is to steal things from me.

One last comment about Germans – I think they are the only Europeans that visit Hong Kong. The Brits may have ruled HK, but the Germans have certainly taken over. I think God is just having a good laugh at my expense.

No comments: