Monday, February 13, 2006

Pop-eye the Thai Man





January 31st, 2006

I can’t believe January is ending. I’m going to talk to our administrator when I get back to HK to see if I can stay for the extended term. I can’t tell you how much I love this experience and I’m not ready to be half way through with it. I doubt I’ll be able to stay, especially since I don’t want to miss beach week, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

Today was much of the same. We returned to Pop-eye’s, our favorite ocean side resort. Popeye’s opened up two months before the Tsunami and then had to shut down for three months afterwards. Everything is brand new. Kevin and Meg took a jet-ski out for a while. I’m reading Memoirs of a Geisha and couldn’t be moved from my umbrella covered chair for hours. We enjoyed dinner and another beautiful sunset at a small restaurant on the water. The food takes a while because it really is as if you are enjoying dinner at a local’s private house. Delicious!

No comments: