Monday, April 24, 2006

Deer bites hurt




April 17th, 2006

Today we headed to Nara, which was the capital of Japan at one point. The Nara park is full of deer who walk right up and beg for food. They were really adorable until one tried to take a chunk out of my rear end. Not happy about that one. The cherry blossoms, the park, and the temple were beautiful. At the top, we could look down on Nara, which was quite pretty. This is how I expected Japan to be. I also expected Geisha on every corner, so we took off for Gion in hopes of spotting one or two along the way.

We succeeded in that we spotted one on her way to an engagement and another on her way from a convenience store. We enjoyed suki-yaki for dinner, which is basically grilled food that is dipped in raw egg before being eaten. It was delicious! We ended the night with a drink at Hub, which is another Western bar. I want to get into the Japanese culture, but they don’t want me there, so I’m having some trouble. Kyoto is not a happening place on a Monday night.

No comments: